Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Witch's Boy

Michael Gruber
Harper Tempest, New York, 2005

Genres: Fantasy, Animal/Nature, Journey, Body/Self
Reading Level: Young Adult (12-18)
Pages: 377

Summary:
This is a story about a Witch and her son, a very ugly and unfortunate son at that. It's about this son's journey to discover himself and to also accept what he is. Tossed into the mix is a demon, bears, fairies, a human cat, and a very bad attitude.

Reaction:
I'm a huge fantasy fan, and something of a buff on the genre, so when I say that this wasn't my favorite book, you'll understand that perhaps I'm just a little picky. It wasn't a bad idea, but the story seemed to drag on without any really good developments. It's nice and clean and easy to follow though, so it's a good book for all ages. It could even be read by older children, though it's geared towards teens. I think that the first part of the book was the best, and then I felt like it got long and ridiculous, but that's just me.

Cautionary Note: Revenge, death, witchcraft, bad attitude.

0 comments:

Post a Comment