Friday, July 23, 2010

Beast

Donna Jo Napoli
Atheneum, New York, 2000

Genres: Fantasy, Journey, Mystery, Love, Adventure
Reading Level: Young Adult (14-18)
Pages: 272

Summary:
Orasmyn is a prideful Persian prince who angers a fairy and gets turned into a lion. He is forced to leave his family to avoid being killed by his own father. Then begins a quest to not only find a cure, but to survive in his new form. This story is similar to Beauty and the Beast, yet different in so many different ways.

Reaction:
I must admit that I couldn't finish this book because I didn't really find it to be all that gripping. I know some people absolutely love it and can't put it down, but it wasn't really my style writing. It does explore some interesting questions, and I think that it teaches some good lessons, but I'll have to finish it before I can fully react to it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment