Friday, July 23, 2010

First Boy

Gary Schmidt
Listening Library, 2005

Genres: Adventure, Violence, Mystery
Reading Level: Young Adult (12-18)
Length: 4 Hours 45 Minutes

Summary:
Cooper's Grandparents have just died, leaving him all alone on a dairy farm. Everybody says that he should go live with somebody else, but he's determined to stay and work the farm, all by himself if necessary. Then mysterious things start happening at his far. People are prowling around and questions are being asked. Cooper is forced to question who and what he really is.

Reaction:
I liked it, though it wasn't the most exciting reader I've ever heard. I thought that some of the voices were a little corny. I think I would have preferred to read this book, but it's a perfect book for teens who are struggling with reading. The ending wasn't really surprising, but I liked the values it taught.

Cautionary Note: Violence,intimidation, and mild law breaking.

0 comments:

Post a Comment