Thursday, July 15, 2010

Eight Plus One

Robert Cormier
Bantam Doubleday, New York, 1965

Genres: Short Stories
Reading Level: Young Adult (14-18)
Pages: 196

Summary:
Robert Cormier, unlike himself, actually manages to write 9 short stories that aren't completely depressing. I liked the Chocolate War, but these stories are different and creative and make a specific point. He introduces each story by telling the background and inspiration for the idea, allowing the reader to get a sneak peek at the author's life.

Reaction:
They were all different from each other and different from what I expected. It's hard to describe what they're about without giving everything away, so I'll merely say that they were interesting. I won't say that this was my favorite Cormier Book, but it isn't very difficult to read.

Cautionary Note: Some of the stories have mild language, but mostly it's all clean.

0 comments:

Post a Comment